About Yo Re Mi
Yo Re Mi is a fun and fast-growing Brooklyn company providing music, yoga, mindfulness and imagination enrichment programs for children and families. Now in our fifth year, we provide weekly in-school and after-school classes at over 30 schools and daycares in NYC. We are seeking creative, reliable, experienced applicants for the role of Director of School Operations. Learn more about our program.
The Director of School Operations will:
- Ensure that every school partner and every child is receiving the most high-level, empowering and inspiring Yo Re Mi program possible.
- Ensure the program is delivered authentically, efficiently and professionally.
- Create a team atmosphere celebrating the talents of a diverse group.
- Align our schools program with our mission and core values of Authenticity, Action, Mindfulness, and Imagination.
- Coordinate all operations between school clients and Yo Re Mi and maintain high level of customer service.
- Manage orientation and first day on-site at all locations.
- Oversee scheduling of teaching artists and substitute teachers.
- Perform as a substitute teacher if another is not available.
- Observe teaching artists on-site and provide feedback.
- Read and follow up on daily class reflections.
- Coordinate school feedback and student assessments.
- Coordinate demo classes.
- Coordinate teacher peer review.
- Participate in monthly teacher meeting (phone / video / in-person).
- Participate in weekly meeting with Senior Staff.
- Coordinate end-of-semester school recaps and photos.
- Partner with social media and marketing as it relates to school programs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience with Early Education or Elementary aged children in an educational setting.
- Proficiency with instructing movement and leading children in songs.
- Positive role model with strong leadership and customer service experience.
- The ability to create, maintain and effectively communicate systems as they relate to class operations.
- Effective organizational skills and record-keeping.
- Strong time management skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- This person excels at clear and effective communication, responding to emails, text and phone calls promptly and professionally.
- Proficiency with Google Drive, Microsoft Office, Mac programs like Pages, Numbers, and iCal. Photo and video editing a plus.
25 Hours weekly, September 1 2018 through August 30 2019. Monday thru Friday 8AM to 12PM and 3PM to 4PM. Up to five hours weekly may be used for substitute teaching. A majority of time will be spent on-site at our school locations. Other tasks may be performed remotely or at our Brooklyn office.
Salary is $32500. One week paid vacation for each of winter and spring breaks (two weeks total). Additionally, employee may opt for two weeks unpaid vacation in August 2019, to be scheduled by June 1 2019.
Yo Re Mi is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.