Do you feel like you could use a confidence boost?
Are you about to take a test, give a lecture or go into an interview?
Would to like to expand your energy and vitality?
Shine your light in Star!
Star Pose is an active and energizing pose that lengthens the body in all directions at once, while improving circulation, posture and balance.
By stretching the arms wide, we open our chest improving respiration while creating feelings of joy, love and confidence. When done correctly, Star Pose utilizes every muscle in the body at once, strengthening the ankles, legs, abdomen and more!
Tips for Mastering Star Pose:
- Keep your toes pointed forward and weight even in your feet
- Lengthen your spine and level and relax your shoulders
- Breathe deeply and feel your energy expand out through your toes and fingers
Fun Variations of Star Pose:
- Sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and imagine you are a star shining your light on the world
- Partner up and make stars back-to-back, one friend with palms up and one with palms down. Feel the support of your partner's back as you press your palms together.
- Once you feel strong in your star pose, try making a star variation of side plank!
- Star Pose is a great transition pose you can combine with warrior, triangle, forward fold and more. Check out how we combine it with wide-legged forward fold and fan pose in the video below.
Use affirmations or conscious breathing to deepen the pose!
Affirmations or mantra can bring us more deeply into our intention for our practice. Try one of these suggestions for Star Pose or create one that feels right for you.
- I am open to receive all good things
- I am confident
- I send light and love into the world
- I am powerful
If you do not want to use and affirmation, you can simply turn your attention to your breath. Notice your inhale and your exhale and feel energy move through your body as your breath moves.
Relax in Star
You can take your star pose to the floor for a blissful, light-filled relaxation. Use this following visualization or simply rest and breathe.
- Rest on your back with your arms and legs spread wide, palms up.
- Close your eyes and imagine you are filled with bright, warm, white light.
- As you inhale, that light enters at the top of your head and as you exhale, the light fills your body and then moves out from your fingers and toes.
- The light expands with every breath until you are held in a cocoon of bright warm, white light.
- Continue to breathe and relax for as long as you would like.
- To come out, slowly wiggle your fingers and toes. Draw your legs toward your chest and roll over onto one side, resting in fetal position for a few moments before sitting up.